Thursday, May 30, 2013

Last Post of the Year

YIKES!!! This is the hardest post I have had to make this year and it is because it is the last and I am truly going to miss these kids. We have developed such a family atmosphere in here and they are all so kind & caring toward one anther. They have grown so much individually and as a team. They not only grew academically, but socially, emotionally, and behaviorally as well. We took time this week to reflect in Morning Meeting about how it has helped each of us and there was lots of nice feedback. Yesterday when I was doing Cum Files and putting in NWEA scores, I once again was so excited & pleased at the growth made. WOWZERS!! We also took time to watch our past Smileboxes and just had fun reliving the great memories we made this year. These kids got to do a lot outside the classroom which is such a great opportunity for all and that is because they earned it by making such positive choices. So GREAT JOB TEAM HANKINS!!! I can't wait to watch you continue on your road to successes next year. BIKE TRIP CANCELLED: Yes, we are canceling the bike trip due to good ole Mother Nature and her continuous raining down on us. We will actually spend a little time in the morning doing some MT History and then play some board games and just enjoy our last 1/2 day together. If your child wants to bring their electronics they are so welcome to do so. Dairy Queen Dilly Bars: Yes, the DQ on South Billings Blvd. donated Dilly Bars to every child in School Dist. #2. Isn't that amazing?!!! So if you get a chance to stop in there, take the time to thank them. I want to close this blogging by saying a HUGE Thank you to all of you for your great support and patience of me this year. I am sure there were times you were confused, frustrated, or disappointed with things, but hopefully you now can see why I had to be "tough" on your child possibly at times. It is because I care and BELIEVED in each and every one of them and I had to get them to feel the same way about themselves. Tonight is a good time to talk about their great year, how they have grown to "believe" in themselves, and the movie we watched today called Miracle. I think they will now know why Ms. E. and I like to show it at the end of the year. I know we aren't quite as hard as the coach, but the message is the same. I wish you all a great summer and once again Thank You for sharing your child with me.

No comments: