Monday, May 6, 2013

Amazing Field Trip

Today was an amazing field trip packed with so much learning that even my brain is on overload from all the information we got from Jeff. He took us to all the exhibits and shared about the ecosystem, interdependence, herbivore, carnivore, omnivores, predator, prey, etc. and a lot of amazing other facts about each animal. We also had another mini lesson about earthworms and then we dissected owl pellets. Have a conversation with your child about all they learned and what they found in their owl pellets. I bet they will be able to talk about this field trip for a good 10-15 min. Some of the things that stand out in my mind are: ask the size of the biggest eagle nest in the world, how far around an owl can turn their head, and if a chinchilla can go in the water or not. Anyway, for free money tomorrow, write down 3 of the things you found most fascinating about what they share. I will try and get a Smilebox put together of the trip tonight. If not, tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it is Hawaii Day. Ms. E and I have some fun Hawaiian things planned for tomorrow from 2-3. Have your child dress Hawaiian and bring beach attire (towels, sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, etc.) More free money being offered. Thank you to those of you that have returned the permission slips for all the activities still happening this year. I hope you marked your calendars. But, I will keep you posted on here too. We will have a spelling list this week. We are back into Montana History tomorrow. We are finally on the mining section. Bike/Walk to School Week: Yes, Mr. English announced that this is Bike/Walk to School Week. So if your child bikes or walks to school this week, their name will go in for special prize drawings. All your child has to do is tell me at the end of the week that they did one or the other and I will put their name in for the drawing. Have a great night and as always let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: