Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun Was Had By All

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another free slideshow design by Smilebox
I hope you are enjoying your break. I know I have. I spent some of the time back in ND with family and loved every minute of it, but now I am ready to get back to my you, my kids, and my Bitterroot family. As you can see by the Smilebox Video, we had lots of fun on Wednesday before break. First of all, students shared their amazing biography reports. They did a great job of presenting and we all learned lots. Grades are in a rubric form and are in their mailboxes to come home tomorrow. Our valentine's day committees did a great job as you can see and we all had lots of fun. This week will be getting back to normal after tomorrow. Tomorrow is NAEP test day for 4th graders. Make sure your child has a good night's rest, healthy breakfast of protein and send in a healthy snack. The test is at 10:00. Have a chat with them about no stressing over the test, and to just shine and show what they know. I have no doubts they will do great. Then in the afternoon, students get to turn Mr. English into a human banana split for exceeding their reading goal. Also to go with this, our class will be having a banana split party as they were the winners of the contest for grades 3&4. Way to go Team Hankins!!!!! I am proud of you. In Math, we will continue with fractions this week. Social Studies will finish up the Lewis & Clark Exploration. In Science, we will be diving into fossils. In Reading-Lead 21, we will continue with Unit 5. Now that we are done with the non-fiction selections, we will be reading the fictional selections and working with the skills of cause/effect, and summary writing. I didn't sign planners on Wednesday so no worries about that and I won't post a blog question today. We will get back on track with that tomorrow. Have a great rest of the day.

No comments: