Thursday, November 10, 2011

Push Forward With Positive Attitude & Effort

Today, we had some sad faces as they came back from PE and they saw they didn't get a reward and extra ticket. I had checked the multiplication timing for the 6's. Now, let's just say that they had 3 min. to do 25 problems and some didn't finish or had lots of the facts incorrect. I can not stress to them the need to practice these at home and put forth lots of effort. Things in 4th grade aren't going to come easy -effort is needed. Great job to those of you that are studying and practicing.
Also, I am hoping to see a carry-over of skills into other curriculum areas. When we practice capitalization/punctuation in DOL and they know it, it should be carrying over to their other work as well. Now, that I am on my soapbox-I really want you to encourage your child to do quality work in everything. As I tell them, it says a lot about them & their character. Thank you so much to all of you that will take the time to talk to your child about this. Please write "talked" in the planner for free money.
Now on the positive side, I can honestly say that my reading kids are doing a "bang-up" job in book club discussions.!! Wow-I am so excited and listening to all the dialogue going on is so rewarding!! Way to go Team Hankins.
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and to honor our veteran's I am paying students $200 if they wear red, white, and blue. Some want to wear camo and that is good too.
Otter facts: We learned some pretty interesting new facts today. Ask your child how many layers of fur they have and why they roll around in the grass.
Reminder: PTA meeting tonight-if you go, write PTA in the planner for free money.
Thank you and have a great night.

No comments: