Monday, November 28, 2011

Busy Monday

Wow-we didn't waste any time coming off our 5 day break. We hit the books hard today and got a lot accomplished.
First of all, I want to start off by saying I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving with your family & friends. I sure did. Enjoyed lots of family and friend time. In fact, so much that I didn't blog over the weekend as you noticed.
Today, we started our Midwest states & capitals with our Geography Challenge. A copy of these will come home tomorrow. The test over these will sometime in December. I will let you know as to when. If your child can name 2 of the states in this region, write Midwest in the planner.
In Math, we did multiplication/division fact families along with writing multiplication story problems. Speaking of math, some of you received an email from me today informing you of the fact that your child really needs to practice their multiplication facts. I am sorry to say, that there is not a lot of improvement shown for some. This is really going to hurt them soon as we begin the computation component. I hate to take away their fun times to practice, but I will if I don't see improvements made with home practice.
Reminder: Otter projects are due on Thursday. I heard about lots of them today and they sound awesome. I can't wait to see the creativity that will be displayed. Speaking of otters-tonight's writing consists of writing a thank you letter to Jeff on the otter picture that they received today. They were shown a model of how to go around the inside/outer edge starting at the tail and filling in the body. Fourth grade quality is needed!!!!

Music Program is on Monday, December 19th. The same program will be done twice. Once at 9:30 and again at 1:00. Make arrangements to come to one of the performances. It is going to be awesome. We have very talented young ladies & gentlemen. Some have speaking parts to be memorizing so ask your child if they are one of them.
Tomorrow is HE/PE.
Have a great night.

No comments: