Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday!

We had a great day in here today, but I didn't feel as though I had enough contact time with them as we also had Library today added to our already usually busy Monday. Just to clarify-we will have Library this Friday as usual. Today's was a make-up from last Friday.
We had our first long division math assignment today. We have been practicing and so now I want to see who can do what by themselves. Should have great results I am hoping. We also talked more about volume today. If your child can tell you what volume is in math, write volume in the planner. We are getting ready to move on to Fractions. Again, we will continue to review and repeat old skills through the DOM's.
Great job on the SW states and capitals test which we took on Friday. Now we are moving to the last sections which is the west and that is the region with Montana. We will go through this region and then study Montana History by itself.
In Science, we will finish our Metric Olympics tomorrow with grams. We have measured centimeters, milliliters, and now grams.
Nightly writing tonight consists of students writing their final copy of their persuasive paragraph on the colored card they received today. Some students want to type it out on the computer and this would be great too. I can not wait to see these and looking forward to the debate. Have your child read through their completed paragraph a few times to better help them prepare for the debate. If they do this, write debate in the planner.
Reminder: To my reading kids, biography projects are due on Friday. Staley & Melissa have theirs here and they look great.
Congratulations to Branden, our student of the week. We loved hearing about you. Our new one this week is Jose'. Looking forward to seeing your stuff.
I have some pics from Venture Theater, but my camera & computer are not cooperating with each other. I can not get my computer to read the camera. Bummer. Guess I may need to ask for a new one for my birthday.
Remember PE shoes tomorrow.
Have a great night.

No comments: