Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Almost Made It!!

Well, we almost made it through the day today without anyone losing tickets. But, at the end of Science, we had a few students who chose not to listen and make good choices so unfortunately, we didn't make the goal of losing no tickets.
As I said yesterday, we started out with new money and our fines for consequences have remained the same, but I am going to add a new one and that is LISTENING!!! I feel that not everyone is listening to my instructions/directions the first time and that they are asking for repeats when they are to be beginning the task at hand. Trust me, I give clear, direct instructions and then ask for any questions before they are to begin. So from now on, anyone not sure of what to do because of lack of listening skills, they will be fined $100.
Now on the positive side, I am very proud of them and their scores thus far in the READABOUT computer program. They seem to be doing very well. We will have our SRI test for this on Thursday to see how much growth they are making. I can't wait to see the results.
Tomorrow in Math, we are beginning LONG DIVISION!! I have a fun way of teaching it using what is called "The Royal Family". I will video it sometime early next week of them doing it so that you can see how to help them if you need to. So please as of now, don't give them any help with this process. Thank you.
Today in Math we reviewed Congruent & Similar figures. If your child can draw 2 congruent figures, write congruent in the planner.
Tomorrow is tryouts for Venture Theater at 3:15. As I said yesterday, it is a 2 week commitment everyday for rehearsals from 3:15-5:15. The exciting thing is is that everyone makes it and what a great experience so I encouraged as many that can to try out. It is a musical this year and it is brought to us by our wonderful PTA!
Tomorrow we are finishing up our current book clubs and students will get to share projects they did and discuss how they rate the book together.
Have a great night.

No comments: