Thursday, May 15, 2014

Awesome Field Trip

What a great day & learning experience we had at Pompey's Pillar today. Students went to 6 different stations today and learned many facts at each one. Have them tell what the 6 stops were and give you at least one fact from each speaker. If they can tell you, write Pompey's in the planner. Also, ask them favorite stop and write it in the planner. I did take lots of pictures today, but will hopefully get them put on to a smile box video tomorrow sometime. Also, make sure you do a quick "tick" check on your child. It is tick season and we did play Native American games out on the grass. Tomorrow is Library so make sure you bring your books. Also, I will be sending permission slips for the Grewell Ranch field trip home tomorrow for you to sign. Remember that one is on Thursday, May 22nd, a week from today. Lead 21 students should be working on their ecosystem stories tonight if they haven't gotten them done yet so please look for that. I know kids have activities after school, but I have been hearing a lot of the following lately- "I don't have time to do work as I have practice or a game." They know academics should come first so they need to make time. I don't think the amount of time needed to be spent on homework is excessive since they are almost 5th graders. Remember -FINISH STRONG!!!! Have a great night.

No comments: