Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rough End of the Day



Ok-so today was not so good in PE. Wow-I heard all kinds of things went on like throwing scooters around, using them as hockey pucks, and rolling around on them while Mrs. Buss was talking. Wow-this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE and the kids that were part of the problem should be TOTALLY ASHAMED about their behavior. We got back in the room at 3:10 and they knew I was not happy. Some confessed up for their behavior, but I don't think everyone did. Sad thing about this is that their behavior yesterday for Mr. Goodheart in Music was not much better. :( ::((((( I would like you to have a SERIOUS talk to your child about this tonight and write serious talk in the planner if you do. We work so hard in Morning meetings to discuss and model what good character is and then this happens. Also, all the positives we do to encourage & compliment one another makes me think that this is all a waste of my time. Well I shouldn't say that as some kids have learned a lot and are displaying good character in here and I feel bad for them having to go through this with the misbehaved ones, but like I always tell them "they should feel good about themselves" and they will continue to be rewarded as they get older because making good choices now will help lead to positive choices later on too. As you can tell, I am not happy about this as I feel it is a reflection on me and I sure hope those that made bad choices will think & act differently. If not, they sure will be missing out on lots of fun this spring when we go on field trips and do other fun end of the year activities. I was tempted to have them sit out of Hawaii Day, but the things have been bought and they have paid in already.
Speaking of activities, tomorrow is Hawaii Day. Make sure you have a beach towel, sunglasses, flashlight, and clothes. They will be allowed to change at 1:15.
Pictures are tomorrow too.
Today, we made origami owls for Day 1 of owl day. Tomorrow is Day 2 and Jeff, from the zoo will be here and we will make an owl snack. Then on Monday is Day 3 and we will dissect owl pellets.
No Library tomorrow due to Hawaii Day.

No comments: