Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fun Day Friday

You should have gotten your Valentine's Day reminders home with your child today for what they need to bring for the party on Monday. The only committee that didn't bring home a note is the clean-up committee. Looks like we have some great food, decorations, and fun games on tap.
As you read on the note, I am not going to be here next week Mon.-Wed. I am taking a few extra days to go and see my elderly, but healthy 86 & 88 year old parents. These extra 2 1/2 days on top of the days we have off make it worthwhile to get a flight to Arizona to see them. We have a 12:00 dismissal on Wednesday and No School next Thursday, Friday and the following Monday. Thank you for understanding and I know you will talk to your child about using good character. As I always tell them, true character shines when I'm not watching. I am truly bummed about missing the Valentine's Day Party. I hope I can bring back some Arizona sunshine and warmth.
Winter Carnival is right around the corner. As I mentioned yesterday 4th grade does the ever so popular Cake Walk. We will need lots & lots of cakes, plates of cupcakes, cookies, etc. any baked items. Students will be given $100 of fake money for each thing they bring in. Also, we are having a basket raffle. Ms. Erickson & I are going to be getting the game items for our Family Game Night basket. In order to purchase items for the basket we are going to raise the money by doing a buy in. It is going to take place this Friday. Students can bring IPods, a soda, stuffed animal, and chew gum. Each of these will cost them $1.00 so if they choose 1 -it is a $1.00, 2 would be $2.00 and so on.
Keep practicing those multiplication & division facts at home. We are moving on to Geometry and will only spending a little time each day do mult. & div. They need to know their facts to be doing the dividing with remainders like we are doing.
We talked about migration in Science today. If your child can tell you and animal that migrates, write it in their planner for free money.
Have a great night.

No comments: