Thursday, March 6, 2014

Terrific Thursday

Great job today in Room 6. Students earned 2 celebration points. One for great behavior/control & the other for academics. I hardly knew they entered the room in & out from morning walk, recess, and lunch. Also everyone got an A on the fractions/decimal quiz. Way to Go!! Day 2 of MontCas testing is complete and we will finish tomorrow morning right at 8:30 so please try not to be late in the morning. The reason we are doing it right away is because we have our Read-A-Thon assembly later in the morning. I think Team Hankins is going to receive read-a-thon awards. I have my suspicions. I will report the great news on that in tomorrow's blog. Great discussion this morning in morning meeting on being practical and setting practical goals. Ask your child what a practical step would be to a goal they have. Write it in the planner for money. Students had the opportunity to buy into tomorrow's treat day. Yes, I am bringing in doughnuts(I don't do this very often as I know how unhealthy they are:( and juice. Students were able to spend some of their fake money on this if they chose to-$500 for both or $300 for one or the other. They are pretty excited. If your child didn't have enough money to do this, it means they have not been making positive choices on a consistent basis. I hope they can learn from this and move forward in a positive direction. :))) Remember PE shoes tomorrow along with recorders. Have a great night.

No comments: