Monday, April 23, 2012

Whew-it was warm today!! What a great day we had today. We had our class celebration for testing. It was so much fun to play kickball as a team and class and then we enjoyed popsicles. I just love these kids and all the hard work that they put in and continue to do. Today we talked more about minerals and discussed the Mohs Scale. Ask your child what the hardest mineral is. See if they can tell you and write it in the planner. Tomorrow we will learn about the rock cycle. We studied our states and capitals with a partner and then I quizzed them before they went out to recess. Yikes-we need to practice before May 3rd as that is testing day for all 50. I am sending home a new map and study guide tomorrow to keep for practice. Please take time each day to practice these. New spelling list came home today. It has been awhile since we had a spelling list so don't forget to practice them for Friday. My reading kids started the book "Riding Freedom" today. We had some great whole book predictions and did a lot of background building to better help understand the story. Ask your child about where Charlotte ends up and why life was so tough for her back then. Reminder that the RECORDER CONCERT is on Wednesday at 1:30 in the gym. I am so bummed that I will miss it, but I will be watching live via the site: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-you-better-believe-network. So if you can't be there or relatives want to see it, just tune into that website. I will visit with the kids tomorrow about EXPECTATIONS for the sub while I am out Wed.-Friday so please I would like you to start talking it also. If you do, please write talked in the planner. I hope to get a great report when I am gone and besides I don't want to take money or leave anyone back from the awesome field trips coming up. We have 3 planned and so students will need $3000. May is going to be a great month of learning outside the classroom. Have a great night and enjoy the beautiful weather.

No comments: