Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Wednesday




We had our BEST day yet of 4th grade. Yippee- We finally got to start reading. I changed my mind about the book we are starting. Yesterday, I said Harris & Me. Well, I changed my mind (as the teacher I can do that. ) I am doing a historical adventure called Pathki Nana. This is an awesome book that we can learn and do so many strategies with it. It is story about a girl that BELIEVES and finds the good in herself along with having a very special relationship with her grandmother. I can't wait to hear what your kids say about it.
Unfortunately, not everyone will get to hear it as it is during reading time and some students will be going to Read 180, but trust me they will get great things in that classroom too.
No nightly writing assignment tonight. Great facts were gathered and shared about the hurricane research done last night. Speaking of hurricanes, I told the kids there is another one brewing out in the Gulf of Mexico and to keep their ears and eyes tuned to the news. If they/you know the name of it, write it in the planner for free money.
Thank you for all of you that sent in picture for the friends and family board. I love seeing the kids look at them or go up to them if they feel the need. We all need that love from home.
PTA Memberships-if you have joined our wonderful PTA, please put a note in your child's planner that you did and I will give them a ($500) bonus of free money. You can see that I think this is really an important organization to be a part of and I really encourage it. I have joined and am proud of it. They are the ones that get us so many of the things we have here at school like a brand new computer lab that your child gets to use.
As promised here are those pics from recess fun and hanging out with friends.

No comments: