Monday, May 9, 2011

Montana History Guest Speaker

Wow-we had a great guest speaker today. If your child can tell you what Ms. Smith talked about and how many reservations we have in MT (count the Great Falls one) and how many tribes are associated with those reservations, write it in the planner for free money.
Field trip permission slips are due by Wednesday. Make sure you have the $2.00 for Nature Center if you have not already paid. I need them by Wed. so I can let Ms. Johnson, the lunch clerk, know how many will need school sack lunches.
If you would like to go as a chaperone to the Pompey's Pillar field trip, write it in your child's planner. They split us into groups so having a few extra bodies would be helpful. Make sure you are willing to hold the kids accountable for their behaviors just like I do.
Speaking of behaviors, we had a little visit today about some negative attitudes in the classroom. Your child knows if they are one of them or not. I know it is getting close to the end, and these kinds of behaviors happen, but we need to finish strong and show good character not only until June 3rd, but all our lives. I told them I will only take students on field trips that show good behaviors all the time. Field trips are a privilege and extension of the classroom and have to be earned. Please talk to your child about this and if you do, write character in the planners. Thank you.
Have a good night and let's hope for sunshine soon. I know the rain is good and we needed it, but I think we have enough for now.

No comments: