Monday, October 25, 2010

Day One of Red Ribbon Week

What a great way to start out the Drug Free Week-taking a trip to the Yellowstone Detention Center.  The kids were so intent on listening to the presenters every word.  They came away from there saying "I sure never want to go back".  Very powerful messages given and the best part for me was the presenters all saying what I say so often, The people here aren't bad people, they just made bad choices and to  "Learn & Grow from your Mistakes".  It was also nice to hear the students in discussion later back at school talk about how after going here, they will turn away from bad peer pressure situations when they are faced with them.  That is what I want to hear-thank you.
Tomorrow is Run Away From Drugs so show spirit and wear your tennis shoes.  I will also be giving the students red ribbons to wear.  Also, it is movie day.  Students will be able to buy in for popcorn and pop too.

Science Projects-sounds like they are going well and I can't wait to see them on Wednesday.

We have a surprise visitor coming on Tuesday morning-HMMMM-I wonder whom it may be-Try & Guess-you will love it.

Have a great night.

No comments: