Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WELCOME!!

HI there-
I am so excited to be your child's teacher. We have so many new things to learn about each other and the world around us.
Here is a little preview of me:
I grew up on a farm/ranch in ND. One of the highlights of being a farm girl is getting my own horse at the age of 5. I rode bareback on a daily basis. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the baby of the family.
My husband, Bob, and I do not have any children of our own, but I have 29 nieces/nephews & great nieces/nephews. So we have lots of fun when we all get together.
Two of the special little people in my life are Reagan & Cassidy. There are our god-children and we love to spoil them and spend time with them in Denver. We make as many trips there as we can. There are 5 years old and in Kindergarten so I just love to hear them talk about school.
My husband who is also a 4th grade teacher in Lockwood love the outdoors.
You can find me fly fishing, hiking, camping, or playing golf.
We also love to travel with our good friends & BFF's.
This is my 26th year of teaching and I still enjoy the excitement in the eyes of my students as they are having fun learning new things.
I love helping make their journey through school a positive experience. We will work hard together this year to build good character and positive teamwork.
I want to get to know each one of you too and I hope you take a valuable interest in your child's education and read this blog on a daily basis and if not daily for sure weekly. It will help keep you in the loop of what is happening in our room & school.
Thank you and I look forward to a great year.

No comments: